Midsouth Paving employees understand the importance of being a good neighbor. We strive to work closely with our local communities to provide support to causes and activities that enhance the communities in which we live and work.
Some examples of the activities we have been recently engaged in are detailed below. For further information please visit our News section.
In the past years, Midsouth Paving, Inc employees have:
- donated 24 pizzas and an electric cooler for the grand prize drawing at Opelika High School’s Project Graduation, Opelika, AL in May 2011.
- taken part in the show Extreme Home Makeover in May 2011, assisting the Sharrock family in Rossville Community, GA
- donated a total of $5, 760 employee contributions and company matching funds to assist the victims of the April 2011 tornadoes in our region
- An employee volunteered with Habitat for Humanity to help rebuild homes after the April 2011 tornadoes
- hosted a visit to our Wedowee Quarry in April 2011 by around 60 pupils and their teachers from Wedowee Elementary School.
- provided materials and labor to Storybook farm, providing equine assisted activities to children in need in January 2011.
- worked with the Wildlife Habitat Council to rehabilitate the Hollywood Pit in Pensacola, FL in January 2011.
- hosted an Open House at Wedowee Quarry for local residents and emergency service providers including a tour of the facility, question and answer briefing session about future plans and a catfish lunch in December 2010.
- provided a donation to the A$M Volunteer Fire Department (Wedowee) for their assistance following an incident at the Wedowee asphalt plant in December 2010.
- held a community event in August 2010 for residents, neighbors, local businesses and local and state elected officials in Warrenton, Warren Co, GA at the site of the new Camak Quarry. The event provided an opportunity to discuss future plans and present checks to local schools and charity initiatives.